Artichoke and Pistachio Soup
Cooking at Home
This delicious soup is very easy to prepare and is especially good for the heart and the liver. Serves 2-4.
Recipe adapted from The Encyclopaedia of Healing Foods written by Dr Michael Murray and Dr Joseph Pizzorno with Lara Pizzorno.
tbsp = tablespoon
tsp = teaspoon
- 1 parsnip, cubed
- 2 tins of drained artichoke hearts (frozen is also fine), chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 7 cups of stock (can be vegetable or meat-based)
- 40ml of white wine
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of ground pistachios
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Large spoon of Greek yoghurt (for the tartness) or creme fraiche if desired
Fry off the onions in the coconut oil until glassy. Add the stock and wine and bring to a boil before adding the parsnip, artichoke hearts, celery, leek and lemon juice. Reduce to a simmer and add the marjoram, coriander and salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and cook for 1.5 hours. Pour into large bowls, garnish with parsley and pistachios and serve.
[…] Try this delicious soup […]