Beetroot and Red Cabbage Salad
Looking for a delicious summer salad? When the weather is warm and the last thing you want to do is spend time in the kitchen this is the perfect recipe.
This is a recipe I love to make for maintaining healthy digestion. It also helps me reach my veggie/fruit goal of the day; that’s 10 for me, but even if your current goal is just eating 5 per day, this will help give you a big boost!
No time to make a healthy lunch? Then this is the perfect recipe for you! It’s ready in 15 minutes and you’ll be back at your desk in no time.
If you plan in advance, you could get the cabbage ready the night before, or first thing in the morning…I love it when the cabbage softens from the dressing and is slightly marinated. However you decide to eat it, enjoy!
Beetroot and Red Cabbage SaladCourse: Lunch, Dinner, Side dish
A delicious and fresh summer salad for good digestion and a calm mood.
500g cooked beetroot, cut into matchsticks
½ red cabbage, shredded
1 apple, finely chopped
1 small red onion, diced
5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (you can substitute with sherry- or red wine vinegar
3 tbsp chopped dill
Pumpkin and sunflower seeds to serve (a handful or more)
150g goat’s cheese
- Put the shredded red cabbage into a bowl.
- Whisk the oil, vinegar and a splash of water together and pour over the red cabbage. Set aside.
- Add the beetroot, apple and red onion to the cabbage bowl and mix.
- Dish out the salad onto plates and scatter the seedmix on top to serve.
- Crumble the goat’s cheese on top
- For best results, set the cabbage aside to marinate longer (30 mins to overnight, according to your tastes).
- As an alternative to goat’s cheese you could add shredded chicken to this recipe (I recommend 400g of shredded chicken)
- For more delicious recipes like this go back to our blog.